Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Praying at the Rose Bowl: 11 Things I learned on the 11th

11-11-11 @ 11am began the prayer event at the Rose Bowl called “Line in the Sand”.
11 is the number that represents transition in Hebrew.
I heard from people going how excited they were to go and to see what God was going to do.
This event started at 11am and went until 9pm.
I wanted to go and just be in the presence of all these people worshiping and praying.
I heard there would be angels there and being that I have never seen one, I wanted to see them! God revealed many things to me as I sat in the Rose Bowl. I did not get there until late afternoon, as I sat in my seat I was overwhelmed by God’s glorious presence that filled the stadium!

Here are my 11 take always:
  1. He loves when His people come and worship Him.
  2. He is present in worship where ever we gather…even a football stadium.
  3. There were people of many different nations and ages there all to worship…snapshot of what heaven will be like. It was so humbling.
  4. I felt loved by all the people around me. Everyone was so kind.
  5. People came from Israel there to pray for us, to pray for our country.
  6. God is speaking mighty words of prophecy over our state and is moving in our youth to create a revival.
  7. God is not done with California and we are going to see many wonderful things happen here.
  8. I was challenged to love more, they will know us by our love for others. Christians don’t love those around us or those in the church as God commands us to do.
  9. Boldness is necessary. It was a bold move for the person to follow through and sign the contract on the Rose Bowl so we could all gather. Where do I need to be bolder?
  10. It was said that God will answer more prayers in 2012 than He has in the past 5 years. What is it I should be praying for?
  11. I asked God to show me the angels, as I was told they were there by someone who can see in the spiritual realm. God told me “I am Here”. I asked two more times to be able to see them and God again responded “I am Here”. We all have different gifts…I don’t see the spiritual realm, but I knew they were there, as was God.

As I walked into the Rose Bowl it was a moment I won’t soon forget. I have been there many times for football games, but never to meet God. God met me as I walked through the tunnel into the stadium in a powerful way. You could feel His presence in an overwhelming way that was too glorious to describe.
What an amazing day. I am so thankful for those that prayed and planned such an awesome event.
I keep pondering what should my response be? What can we do to continue what was started?

2 comments:

Scrappy Sam said...

I've been with people when they have seen Angels and I, just like you, have dearly longed to have that gift. I love that you boldly approached this event with an open heart and mind and it sounds like God met you. I have been to a few Third Day concerts where I felt like you did, thousands of people, arms raised praising God, with iPhones to light the sky like a beacon to heaven. I imagine that's what it will be like in the Kingdom that is both now and not yet.
Thanks for sharing...it was lovely.
Samantha

Radical Teen Truths said...

Love your takeaway from the run! Cool stuff! Love when God does that.